Thursday, April 16, 2009

Shoes, Shoes and More Shoes...

Shoes make me happy. They make me happy because feet always remain the same size, they do not cause muffins, VPL's or any unfortunately creasing. The right pair of pumps push up, bump out and make you walk and look well, like a woman, and is that so bad? Sure I will admit I've had my fair share of walking barefoot with pumps in hand(where's a guy to carry you when you need them), bleeding ankles (those shoes got donated after that night...) and lost toenails (the same pair I walked barefoot with - and I still own them, they're red peep toe stilettos I searched too long for them to give them up) amongst other tragedies... none so great though as being told by Dr. K that I had to choose, give up heels or running. It is the only thing I've ever fought with a doctor on, and it's even in the consult letter - don't worry we're still friends and I still baulk at him every time he says it.

Shoes though for two years of my life made sad, and they still do at times when I think about where they come from. I have to say I was a vegan, you can say whateveryouwant for me jumping ship. See the thing is I still really prefer not to buy animal products (or eat them) when it comes to my clothes. You will not see me in furs or leather or with a leather purse. But I do have leather shoes, primarily because I just can't afford Stella's shoes or Natalie's line. But we can look right? Above is a beautiful pair (peep toe, pompom and T-strap all on one shoe!!) from Natalie Portman's line available in Soho...

3 comments:

  1. I case you're wondering I fished out the red shoes and tried them on, while they look fabulous with jeans, I was hurting on the treadmill this morning, ack, I think they go back in the storage container with hot rollers, bikinis and petite clutches - all the things that never get used, but I can't let go of

    ReplyDelete
  2. You may not carry a leather bag... but how many PVC's had to die for your brightly coloured accessories! Oh the humanity!

    ReplyDelete