Monday, April 27, 2009

Run

J and I run. I have the disease and I've infected her, I think. We aren't the short short wearing runners you see effortlessly gliding like a gazelle in the distance, we are the average looking, hard working runner - we run to say we've run, to eat what we would like (sometimes) and to just get out there, see the world (or middle America) and say we've done it. I would like to say I've done a loop around Central Park and well we might have to, as I am preparing for a marathon, an if we find a hotel without a treadmill that I can haul my tired self onto a 5am I'm going to be in trouble....

Central Park is the runners mecca, it's up there on the things for non-NYC runners to do, on the same list with qualify for Boston, run London etc., or maybe that's just my list... So yes if I could have my heart's desire we would get a good hotel close to Central Park and we'd cover my daily 6-10 miles before we hit the streets.
Photo: Paula Radcliffe (winner of the NYC marathon) http://www.flickr.com/photos/casadedarnoc/1875472306/

No comments:

Post a Comment